● To enhance the body contour of a woman who, for personal reasons, feels her breast size is too small.
● To restore breast volume lost due to weight loss or following pregnancy
● To achieve better symmetry when breasts are moderately disproportionate in size and shape
● To improve the shape of breasts that are sagging or have lost firmness, often used with a breast lift procedure
● To provide the foundation of a breast contour when a breast has been removed or disfigured by surgery to treat breast cancer
● To improve breast appearance or create the appearance of a breast that is missing or disfigured due to trauma, heredity, or congenital abnormalities
By inserting an implant behind each breast, surgeons are able to increase a woman’s bustline by one or more bra cup sizes. If you’re considering breast augmentation, this will give you a basic understanding of the procedure—when it can help, how it’s performed, and what results you can expect.
Basics of Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is performed by inserting a breast implant behind breast tissue or above the breast muscle.
Implants come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with varying designs, in a range of materials. They can be placed in different positions through a variety of incision locations.
Breast surgery is a medical procedure that requires advanced surgical skill. The goal is to leave your breasts looking as natural as possible, while enlarging them to your desired size. Because of the surgery’s complexity, you are better off using a surgeon who has experience in all aspects of breast enhancement. Time in surgery is typically one to three hours.
Breast Lift with Breast Augmentation
The plastic surgeon may recommend that a breast lift and breast augmentation be performed at the same time. This is most commonlyrecommended to treat the sagging appearance that results from aging or pregnancy. During this combined procedure, some breast tissue is removed, the breast skin is tightened and lifted, and an implant is inserted.
The Best Candidates For Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence, but it won’t necessarily change your looks to match your ideal, or cause other people to treat you differently.
Before you decide to have surgery, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with your surgeon.
The best candidates for breast augmentation are women who are looking for improvement, not perfection, in the way they look. If you’re physically healthy and realistic in your expectations, you may be a good candidate.